Smart Ageing Housing Programme Manager
Background Information on the post
ISAX, the Ireland Smart Ageing Exchange was established in 2015 to exploit the business opportunities for Ireland in the rapidly emerging global smart ageing economy and to make Ireland a global leader in smart ageing innovations. We have forged an ecosystem where businesses, academic Institutions and Government Agencies collaborate to research, develop and commercialise solutions that address the complex challenges posed by the ageing of the world’s population.
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAMME:
Housing is one of those key challenges and ISAX has established a national Smart Ageing Housing programme which aims to optimise the independence, participation and well-being of older adults and meet their strongly held desire to stay living in their own communities. The intention is to address the diverse needs of older adults whilst at the same time delivering other socially important benefits including the regeneration of communities and releasing larger family homes onto the market. The programme involves a unique collaboration between its corporate members including Local Authorities, the HSE, the Housing Agency, three Banks, Home Instead and others. The role of the Housing Programme Manager is being funded by the Department of Housing Planning and Local Government.
ISAX is recruiting a Smart Ageing Housing Programme Manager to lead this programme. The programme is summarised in Appendix A and the types of demonstrator projects that are likely to be used are set out in Appendix B.
The overall aim of the programme is to catalyse new ‘independent housing’ developments. These Smart ageing designed housing models, products and services will meet the needs of older adults who want to stay living as independently as possible within their own communities.
These demonstrators will showcase a range of different types of development, from clustered smart ageing housing, adaptations to their own homes, social and high-end private housing, zero to low, medium and high levels of care which are all aimed at addressing the diverse needs of older adults.
ROLE OF THE PROGRAMME MANAGER:
The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for implementing the programme. This is a two-year contractual position.
- Design and manage the delivery of at least six cluster development projects.
- Work collaboratively with the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government and The Housing Agency.
- Engage with Local Authorities to explore opportunities for new housing developments in their areas.
- Manage and develop relationships between all key stakeholders.
- Produce draft Best Practice Guidelines.
- Raise the profile of ISAX.
- Contribute to the national strategic direction on housing and community approaches for the older person.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to create relationships across the different areas of Local Authority.
- Practical experience interpreting housing policy and development plans.
- A significant record of achievement in the management and delivery of housing projects.
- Good knowledge and experience of different housing development and funding models.
- Five years senior relevant experience in housing, planning or development.
- Relevant qualifications such as Chartered Engineer, Chartered Town Planner, a member of either the Society of Chartered Surveyors of Ireland/Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, and architect or other equally relevant qualifications and experience.
- Real interest in realising the ambitions of the project
- A dynamic, positive and clear strategic thinker
- Excellent communicator, with good persuasion skills and willingness to be a powerful public advocate
- A strong ability to lead, motivate and empower all stakeholders in a diverse approach to design and delivery of sustainable futuristic community housing for the older citizen.
- A strong team player in a dynamic role within ISAX.
- A self-starter focused on achieving agreed objectives within a tight timeframe.
- Very good networker with a strong existing personal network in the sector (where possible)
- A flexible approach to challenges and the ability to deal with ambiguity and bureaucracy.
- Appendix Summary.
This is a National Programme and the person will be based in Limerick or Dublin but expected to travel widely across the country.
This is a senior appointment with a remuneration package commensurate with experience. For further information contact Siobhradh Fraser on 061 317 578
Closing Date for Applications
Application by way of Covering Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded to Siobhradh Fraser email@example.com