Applications are now open for the postition of:
Marketing & Communications Executive
To assist in the delivery of the strategy to develop ISAX an internationally renowned smart ageing network and Ireland as the global leader in smart ageing innovatoins, we are now seeking to fill the role of a Marketing & Communications Executive.
This role will report to the Head of Consumer Insights & Marketing and the role holder will be a key member of the team.
The purpose of the role of, Marketing & Communications Executive, is to develop a compelling narrative about ISAX and “smart ageing” such that it is recognised, nationally and internationally, as a first class network that provides the “joined-up” ecosystem platform and supports for government agencies, academic institutions, established commercial organisations and start-up entrepreneurs, as well as individuals with an interest in promoting “smart ageing”.
Given the specific context of this role within a recent start-up organisation, ISAX is seeking to establish and grow a membership network ecosystem, the role holder must rapidly acclimate to ISAX; thoroughly understand the mission, understand the constituencies of the membership (current and target); understand the philosophy of ISAX and “smart ageing”; and ensure that all narratives about ISAX, the members and “smart ageing” are consistent with that context.
The Marketing & Communications Executive will implement strategies for marketing and communications on behalf of ISAX in order to raise ISAX’s visibility, advance its brand, and articulate clear messaging to internal and external constituencies. The Manager will oversee and actively participate in the creation, design, budget and production of regularly produced events and all ISAX publications.
Specifically, the role will be responsible for:
Build public profile of ISAX:
- Execute a plan that regularly places ISAX in local and national media, as well as international media outlets and channels when possible.
- Manage all aspects of ISAX’s print and electronic communications, ensuring the continuity of ISAX’s brand and logo. Oversee the work of graphic designers and print vendors in production of printed materials and web visuals. Develop and manage all print marketing materials for ISAX such as, brochures and prospectus
- Plan for and deploy digital activities: website, online campaigns, e-mail marketing, social media and digital content production via ISAX inbound marketing platform and drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social media presence
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (eg Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions)
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target and current members
- Track, measure and analyse all initiatives on social media ROI and social media contribution to generating Qualified Marketing Leads
- Manage and update the media file ensuring all advertising, earned and paid for PR and additional publicity received is captured and recorded
- Engage actively in professional development in order to remain current in best practices related to marketing and communications, emerging social media, and effective marketing and advertising tools
Develop communications flow with members:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the Irish and international “smart ageing” thematic community and market place for the benefit of ISAX’s marketing strategy
- Design and curate content for a bi-monthly e-zine to all members
- Develop a 1:1 relationship with member organisations, identify specific subject areas of interest in Smart Ageing and share with members every fortnight
- Design and curate content for a monthly e-zine to the Smart Ageing Community to include project updates, opportunities for engagement, interesting product, service and technology products of interest and relevant members offers/ discounts
Manage internal Communications with ISAX team across multiple locations:
- Collaborate with colleagues to assist in articulating their purpose and on-going work. Specifically, this includes, but is not exclusive to, the Board, CEO, and roles such as Heads of Enterprise and Research & Development, and a number of Advisory Councils and Membership Clusters and Committees as required;
- Manage the Marketing & Communications budget in order to maximize the effectiveness of all communications. This includes outsourcing the production of materials when appropriate
- Co-ordinate the planning and manage the execution of all ISAX events such as Open Days, Membership gatherings, etc;
- Identify and actively participate in external events for promotional opportunities
The Marketing & Communications Executive will have the following types of experience and qualifications:
- A BA/BS (or suitable equivalent) degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to marketing and communications or other appropriate 3rd level qualification; an advanced degree is preferred
- Three to five years experience in marketing and communications, preferably in an SME. Outstanding speaking, writing, and editing skills
- Deep knowledge of the principles of marketing and communications and fluency in using social media effectively
- Ability to develop, monitor, and adhere to budgets and production schedules
- Ability to create print materials using Photoshop, InDesign, or other comparable layout software
- Demonstrated success in bringing regular, positive media attention to an organization and in using an inbound marketing tool
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects with shifting priorities and competing deadlines.
This role is likely to appeal to someone who relishes the challenges involved, an emerging professional who is looking for a different challenge for the next 3-5 years or someone approaching/at retirement with deep expertise.
The successful candidate will be ambitious, seeking autonomy and an opportunity to create a brand impact in a “left-of-field” sector. This person will see the opportunity to be creative and different that this role presents, while understanding and respecting the boundaries that naturally exist with the ethos of a membership organisation.
The successful candidate should be;
- A mission-driven individual with a belief in and commitment to ISAX’s mission and values
- A good listener and strategist; comfortable receiving input from many sources, and able to analyze and formulate disparate information into a sound, well-organized plan;
- An excellent networker and an ability to act as an “Ambassador” for ISAX internally and externally
- Intrepid yet tactful; determined yet respectful of others’ concerns; someone with the flexibility and creativity needed to find alternative ways to reach objectives when barriers arise; a skilled negotiator who does not drive him/herself or others into a corner;
- A hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of development and advancement activities;
- A team player, emotionally mature with a very good sense of humour and the flexibility and sensitivity to work with diverse personalities and situations.
The post is based ideally in ISAX’s Limerick offices with regular travel as required. A competitive salary is available, commensurate with experience.
In confidence, please email your CV along with a covering letter stating your reasons for applying for this role and a statement of current remuneration details to Siobhradh@isax.ie Applications must be received before 5:00pm on Friday, 19th May 2017.